CUET 2022 exam is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Till last year, CUET was known as Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) which has been renamed as the Central University Entrance Test or CUET by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The exam will be conducted over a window of four days in the first and second week of July, in a computer-based mode (CBT) for a duration of two hours.
|CUET UG Exam Pattern2022- Overview|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|CUET FULL FORM||Central University Entrance Test (CUET)|
|Exam Name||CUET 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test-CBT|
|Test Pattern||Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Sections||Four|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer|
Points to Remember CUCET Exam Pattern
- A Candidate can choose a maximum of 3 languages from Sections IA and IB taken together. (One of the chosen languages needs to be a domain-specific language)
- In Section II, candidates can select a maximum of 6 Subjects from 27 available options.
- Section III consists of the General Test.
- For choosing Languages (upto 3) from Section IA and IB and a maximum of 6 Subjects from Section II and General Test under Section III, the Candidate must refer to the requirements of his/her intended University
CUET 2022 Exam Structure
The table below brings the broad structure of the exam in terms of the number of questions in each section along with the duration.
|Section||Number of Questions||Duration||Question Types|
|Section IA||40 questions to be attempted out of 50 in each language||45 minutes for each language||Language to be tested through Reading Comprehension based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary and Narrative, (Literary Aptitude and Vocabulary)|
|Section II||40 Questions to be attempted out of 50||45 Minutes for each Domain-Specific Subjects||● Input text can be used for MCQ Based Questions|
|● MCQs based on NCERT Class 12 syllabus only|
|Section III||60 Questions to be attempted out of 75||60 minutes||● Input text can be used for MCQ Based Questions|
|● General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/s tat taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning|
The languages are offered under Section IA of CUET 2022 are Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu.List of Languages for CUET 2022Marking scheme: Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for each incorrect answer.
For Section IB, the languages include French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.
Domain-Specific Subjects for CUET 2022
The domain-specific subjects are as follows:
- Accountancy/ Book Keeping
- Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry
- Business Studies
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Economics/ Business Economics
- Engineering Graphics
- Home Science
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Legal Studies
- Environmental Science
- Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga
- Political Science
- Teaching Aptitude
- Mass Media/ Mass Communication
- Fine Arts/ Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting)/Commercial Arts
- Performing Arts –
- Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/ Oddisi/ Kathakali/Kuchipudi/ Manipuri
- Drama- Theatre
- Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion)
- Sanskrit [For all Shastri (Shastri 3 years/ 4 years Honours) Equivalent to B.A./B.A. Honours courses i.e. Shastri in Veda, Paurohitya (Karmakand), Dharmashastra, Prachin Vyakarana, Navya Vyakarana, Phalit Jyotish, Siddhant Jyotish, Vastushastra, Sahitya, Puranetihas, Prakrit Bhasha, Prachin Nyaya Vaisheshik, Sankhya Yoga, Jain Darshan, Mimansa, Advaita Vedanta, Vishihstadvaita Vedanta, Sarva Darshan, a candidate may choose Sanskrit as the Domain].